Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Hyatt Credit Card

Signing up for Credit Cards First of all, if you don’t know your credit score, I highlight recommend that you sign up for Credit Karma (Here). In addition, you can always look up your credit score through here (trust me, it's a real site).



What’s the point of having so many credit cards? For those that play that credit card game, it can be extremely lucrative. Over the next few weeks, I’ll make a short blog about my favorite credit cards and what it’ll cost you to have them. For my first post, let me introduce to you the Hyatt Credit Card


Card: Hyatt Chase Credit Card
Annual Fee: $75 Annually (Pay on first billing cycle)
Minimum Spend: $1000 within 3 months
What do I get in return: 2 Free Nights at any Hyatt
Why is that a big deal? I see Hyatt hotels all the time for $150/night if not less. That's absolutely true. The Hyatt Resort in San Antonio always runs deals through Travelzoo (Sign up for Travel Top 20 every Wednesday here. The problem is that sometimes, I want to stay at a really fancy Park Hyatt in a big city in prime travel time. I'm planning on going to Asia this winter and I think the Park Hyatt Tokyo sounds good.



FYI, exchange rate for Japanese Yen to USD is roughly 100:1. Divided the amount by 100 and you're looking at roughly $470/night. Of course I personally wouldn't ever pay that much for this hotel room but if signing up for this card gives me $1000 worth of hotel nights at a marginal cost to me, you bet I'll sign up for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment