Search This Blog

Sunday, July 28, 2013

Macro Calculator

For the month of August, I'm going to try and see how well using a strict 'calorie-counting' diet will work on me. Every body is different and there isn't a miracle diet. At the end of the day, you'll have to see what works. During the past 5 years, I've been anywhere between 180lbs to 235lbs. I've tried 4 hour body, Paleo, Low-Carb, and my own personal mix of the bunch. Calculating Macros is going to be a little bit more work.



 First, I'll need to go to this website: http://iifym.com/iifym-calculator/ Finding your BMR (Basic Metabolic Rate) is important to know what you need to Maintain. Maintenance can be defined as what you need to keep your body at the exact same weight. Eat over your maintenance and you'll "gain" weight, eat "under" and you'll lose. Obviously diets aren't as simple as that because otherwise low-carb and atkins and paleo would never work especially when you're eating 3000 calories of Bacon. Here are my stats: Age: 25 Height: 6'1 Current Weight: 220lbs Work out: 3 days a week In order to maintain my weight, I will need to consume: 3025 Calories per day In order to have fat loss, I will need to consume: 2571 Calories per day. My current workout regiment includes working out at Washington Gym (Washington-Gym.com) under James Dang. I've got nothing but great things to say about James. He was a former fatty and has had a tremendous transformation. One of the only gripes is that he is a firm Paleo believer which is a personal preference that I have my doubts about (Too much animal fats - Bacon Bacon Bacon). This is what IIFYM.com has calculated for me:

We'll start with our cooking/recipes/diet later this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment