Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Wednesday Travelzoo Deals

Wednesdays always means Travelzoo deals which arrive in my inbox around 10:00am. One aspect of the Travelzoo deals that I appreciate is that they won't force something into their Top 20 deals unless it's actually a good deal. I've seen other sites such as Kayak (who also happens to send deals on Wednesday) just try to fill their weekly e-mail with deals.
Of the Top 20 deals today, my personal favorite is the $99 tasting Menu at Marks. For those who haven't heard of Marks, I would rank it one of my top 2 Restaurants in Houston. Their Yelp review has a solid four stars with 250 reviews.



Here is the Fine Print (which I've bolded): Vouchers can be redeemed Monday, July 29, through Oct. 29, 2013. Reservations required; subject to availability. Limit 1 voucher per table. Everyone in the dining party must order the 8-course tasting menu. Not valid on major holidays or holiday weekends. Dine-in only. Seasonal items subject to change. Tax, if applicable, and gratuity are not included; an automatic gratuity of 20% based on the full price of the check will be added. See Terms and Conditions for full details.
You're looking at roughly $99 + 8.25% sales tax + 20% Gratuity for about $130/person without drinks. Their lemonade is pretty good but there's no free refills at $4/glass and I learned the hard way. I would say that drinks start at about $10+. At the end of the day, you're looking at a $300 meal for two but if you have a special occasion coming up, I highly recommend it. If $300 is too steep, I would also suggest considering Houston Restaurant Week which goes for $45/person this year. My recommendations would be one of the many steakhouses (I.E., Flemings, III Forks).
Pro Tip: Request to be sat upstairs. Marks is a former church and the noise does echo around the restaurant. Seating upstairs with a Ledge table allows you to have a great view of the whole restaurant and the beautiful wall that has thousands of bottles of Wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment