Search This Blog

Thursday, August 1, 2013

Secret Houston Hot Spot

I love good deals. I also love mexican food, fast cars, excessive wasteful spending, and cheap food. On my way to trying a new Mexican restaurant in the Heights, I had passed by a huge crowd at night. This place combines 3 of my favorite things (Not fast cars or excessive wasteful spending).

Less than $3!






I don't know what the place is called but I just looked it up on Yelp. Its called Tampico Refresqueria. Snow Cones are awesome. Aqua Fresca, Fruit with Chili Powder, Nachos, Hot Dogs, more Snow Cones. There's always a line and finding the shortest one is always like playing Russian roulette. Mom with four kid - 5 snowcones. Single guy with his girlfriend - 10 snowcones, 2 hot dogs, 3 agua frescas, and 4 nachos (WHAT?). Ask me how long it takes to get all that ready.

In hindsight, I want to just help consult this restaurant on how the supply chain process works and what improvements they can do to speed things up but somehow, I always end up coming regardless of the wait. This is definitely a Houston secret hotspot.

Cash Only. Outdoor Seating. Long Lines. Yummy in my Tummy.

Tampico Refresqueria
4520 Main Street
Houston, TX



No comments:

Post a Comment