Search This Blog

Friday, August 2, 2013

Getting a Deal on a BMW Maintenance Plan

I've had my 2010 E60 535i for about a year now. I bought it used with roughly 30,000 miles with the warranty extended through the end of 2015.






For those who are considering buying a BMW, I highly recommend you buy an extended maintenance and warranty. German cars are notorious for being extremely expensive to fix. However, you can only extend your warranty and maintenance for so long so you will need to find a way to fix your car or sell it. I've heard great things about Silvio's Autohouse (Yelp Review). Everytime I've dealt with Silvio's on the phone to get a price quote, they've been more than happy to help.



I took my car to Advantage Midtown to get some light work done and my service manager had brought up the maintenance package. After looking online through different forums and doing extensive research, it is in my opinion that the maintenance is worth its money (depending on when you had your brakes changed). The E60 Maintenance Packages ranges from $2300-$2600.

My trick to getting a discount on the BMW maintenance packages is to deal with the Finance Manager at Pacific BMW (Daniel Dutton). Although they're located in LA, Daniel Dutton is extremely responsive, and great to work with. I had to Fedex him my keys so that he could verify I had less than 50,000 miles on my car (otherwise you're not eligible). It was a painless process for a total cost of $1,895. I saved roughly $600 by dealing with Pacific BMW.

The reason I decided to go with the BMW maintenance package comes down to the brakes. According to my BMW idrive, my brakes were set to wear out at the 60,000 mile mark and the 65,000 mile mark. Speaking with Silvio's, labor would have cost $400 for the front and back and whatever parts were (they would pick up OEM parts from Advantage). I called Advantage for the pads and rotors (BMW mostly always changes Rotors when changing brake pads) and I was quoted roughly $200 for each set (of 2) pads, but almost $400 PER wheel. I was looking at roughly $2,000 for the brake job.  The maintenance package includes Oil Changes (changed once a year - $125) and the 65,000 mile maintenance (Silvio's couldn't quote me since it depends on the condition of the car; Dealer was charging around $700).

You can reach Daniel Dutton at DanielDutton@pacificbmw.com or call Pacific BMW at 818.246.5600

1 comment:

  1. Nice Maintenance Tips about BMW. As I know BMW is one of the most expensive and luxurious cars and you have mentioned here how can we save our own car? So, it's a knowledge post to know about BMW Maintenance. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete